Dance of Hope Residency
We are honored to host Dance of Hope, during their US Tour. Under the mentorship of our friend, Chinobay, they have become Africa’s leading youth-based arts education program. They are joyous performers and thoughtful cultural ambassadors – embodying the ways that art and culture can support healthy lives and healthy communities.
We are sending them into the schools, into after-school programs, and featuring them in our downtown Food Art and Brew festival. Below is the working schedule for their residency:
- May 1st
- performance and classroom visits at Thomas Jefferson Classical Academy Middle School
- 6 pm performance and Q&A event at Grahamtown Center. Open to all. Come help us welcome them to Rutherford County
- May 2nd
- performance and workshop at Lake Lure Classical Academy
- May 4th
- Potluck and Celebration of Dance of Hope at Dreaming Stone
- May 5th (6pm to 9pm)
- Featured Performers at Rutherfordton’s “Food, Art, Brew” downtown festival. Performances at 6:30 and 8 pm.
- May 6th (3pm to 4:30)
- Drum and Dance workshop for all generations on Dreaming Stone’s campus (REGISTRATION BELOW)
Also, we are offering them retreat so that they can enjoy the natural beauty of our area. If you have interest in enabling this residency or future residencies like it, please becoming a supporter of Dreaming Stone Arts and Ecology Center.